Monday 12 March 2012

What am I doing wrong???

So tonight I went for a "gentle" 3.6k run.  I say gentle as it was all very flat and straightforward.  For those of you who know the area I ran from the County Council car park, along the Merlins Bridge bypass and back again. (you can view my route here) I started off well with a good pace, got round the bend under the flyover bridge and got to the lay by which i guess is probably half way along the straight?  Anyway I get as far as the lay by and my calves just start cramping and my shins really hurt.  I had a little walk and a drink and carried on for a bit then they killed again so had to walk and this continued until the end of the stretch of road.  I stopped and stretched my legs out which seemed to help a little then turned around to come back.  I managed to run as far as the lay by again but then my legs started cramping and i had to walk/run until i got back to the car.
I have been running now for a while and my legs seem to be holding me back big time.  So folks what can i do to stop them hurting?
Im wondering if its time for new running shoes?  Or perhaps i need to build up my leg strength more.  Is there any other exercise I can do to compliment my running?
So runners out there, this is open to you.  HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment